• We won't be beaten on price
  • 20+ years of expertise
  • Covering the vast majority of the landlord market

Why Choose a CIA Landlord Insurance Policy

CIA Insurance compares landlord insurance deal from a range of underwriters, providing landlords and property owners/agents with a full insurance solution and service at competitive rates.

Why do so many people choose to take out landlord building insurance with CIA? The benefits of our policies include:

  • Loss of rent
  • Accidental damage
  • Malicious damage caused by tenants
  • Employers liability
  • Property owners liability
  • Unoccupied property cover

Get a quote

GEO Underwriting
Pen Underwriting

Whatever type of property you own, you need to protect your investment carefully with your landlord insurance policy

Frequently asked questions

What does landlord insurance cover me for?

The standard perils landlord insurance covers you for are the same as standard home insurance. This includes things like fire, storm or floods, escape of water, subsidence etc. The difference is the policy will also include things like, loss of rent in the event that the property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured peril and liability cover in case of the tenants having an accident.

Read more

What is Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance is protection for the structure of your property, including fixtures and fittings, against unexpected and unavoidable events that may cause damage.

Read more

How do I make a Claim?

If you need to make a claim you will need to contact your insurer's claims team, which are detailed below.

Geo Underwriting claims - 01708 777 710

Pen Underwriting - 01403 321 394

Keystone - 0344 856 2364

Modus - 0344 856 3815

Axa Let - 0330 024 8087

Abacus amtrust - 0115 934 9818

Abacus Novea - 0144 322 9513

Abacus Covea - 0330 024 2255

Optima - 01159 349818

Arkel - 0207 138 8497

Read more

When will I get my documents?

Documentation is usually emailed to you within 24 hours but we are happy to post out hard copies upon request. If your policy booklet is not attached with your documents this will be sent under a separate email within 24 - 48 hours.

Read more

What type of landlord insurance do I need?

There are a few different landlord insurance options. Which one you choose will depend on the specific risks you feel that it’s most important to cover against. The most common product and the one that we sell here at CIA Insurance is buildings and/or contents insurance. It’s also the most complex and extensive.

Read more

How to get cheaper landlord insurance

When you’re looking for your perfect landlord insurance, you’re going to want to get the best price. No landlord wants to be paying over the odds for their insurance – especially when you hope you’ll never have to actually claim on it.

If you have multiple properties, then make sure you insure them all with one provider. You’ll probably be eligible for a discount. Plus, it makes everything much more streamlined and simple with a lot less paperwork.

Read more

Do I have to have landlord insurance?

No, you don’t need to take out landlord insurance, however, a lot of mortgage lenders may insist you have it before you begin renting to tenants. Just because it’s not mandatory, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take it out.

Landlord insurance is really important for any landlord. It will help to safeguard your financial future and protect your investment from damage, problematic tenants and other unexpected costs. It gives you the peace of mind that situations out of your control will be covered under your policy.

Read more

Do I need a tenancy agreement?

Most of our insurers ask for a direct tenancy agreement to be in place for a minimum of 6 months.

As a general rule, you can expect to need to have a tenancy agreement in place before being permitted to take out any kind of landlord insurance. Nonetheless, it is advisable to consult the small print of your contract and ask questions of the insurer before purchasing.

Read more

Do I insure my property from exchange or completion?

Insurance is usually offered from exchange, but you should be guided by your solicitor on the exact date to start your policy.

When you are purchasing a house – whether to live in yourself or as a buy-to-let investment – there is a potential grey area between the exchange of contracts and the completion of the sale. It is during this period that you will have signed a contract committing you to purchase the property, but the house will not technically be yours yet as you wait for other aspects of the sale process to be undertaken, such as the conveyancing.

Read more

What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord insurance is a specialist product that covers landlords from damage costs and various different financial losses that come with the territory of being a landlord. Amongst all the positives, unfortunately, there’s a lot that can go wrong when you’re a landlord that can in turn, cost you a lot of money.

With that in mind, your landlord insurance policy is really important for any landlord. Buildings insurance and contents insurance are usually the main types of cover that a landlord will need, however a lot of other landlord-specific covers can be added onto a policy, such as legal expenses insurance and alternative accommodation expenses.

Read more

What is an interested party?

An interested party is any other person or organisation with a financial interest in the property, such as a mortgage provider.

An interested party – also known as an ‘additional interest’ – is a person or company other than the named insured on an insurance policy, which has an insurable interest in the person or property that the policy covers.

Read more
Home selling secrets

Amina was very helpful in sorting out my landlord’s insurance and spotted an error in my cover which helped reduce my premium.

First time landlords

We are first time landlords and you gave good advice and the process was easy and good value.

A pleasure to deal with

A pleasure to deal with, the lady on the phone was a credit to her company.