Specialist unoccupied property insurance will provide you with cover when you’re tenant is travelling/going to living abroad mid-tenancy. However, make sure to provide the insurer you’re using with lots of information, including the tenant’s return date.

If you are able to, you should try gathering the address of where your tenant will be living abroad, alongside any additional contact details should an emergency arise while they’re away.