DSS Landlord Insurance Policies

Department of Social Services tenants (or DSS tenants) unfortunately don’t enjoy the best of reputations for a couple of reasons. First of all there are often more complexities involved with receiving payments, secondly because there can be a propensity to struggle to meet the monthly rent and thirdly, a minority of DSS tenants can be considered to be ‘difficult’.

This can lead some landlords to think twice about letting their properties to them, however DSS insurance, available here at CIA Insurance, can provide you with total peace of mind.

Here at CIA we specialise in DSS tenant insurance, backed by a panel of leading insurers that ensure we are able to offer low excesses as well as great rates for all of the basics, including buildings insurance, contents insurance and property owners liability.

Allowing More Flexibility With Who You Let To

DSS insurance allows you to be more flexible with who you rent your property to – ideal in an increasingly competitive and saturated lettings market. With CIA landlord insurance, you can remove the stress and worry that may otherwise keep you awake at night!

To find out more about DSS tenants insurance, or regarding any of the other specialised policies we can offer, give us a call today on 01788 818670. Alternatively, you can get a quote.

DSS Tenants FAQs

Do I need a tenancy agreement?

Most of our insurers ask for a direct tenancy agreement to be in place for a minimum of 6 months.

As a general rule, you can expect to need to have a tenancy agreement in place before being permitted to take out any kind of landlord insurance. Nonetheless, it is advisable to consult the small print of your contract and ask questions of the insurer before purchasing.

Read more

What if my tenant works but also receives benefits?

We will just need to ask you a couple more questions in order for us to know how to class your tenant. Our insurers each have their own guidelines so this quote would be completed on the phone. To discuss the details call us on 01788818670.

Read more

Does the type of tenant I have in my property affect my policy?

All policies are quoted and proposed on a variety of different factors, one of those being the tenant type. If the current tenants situation changes and they become a different tenant type you will need to make us aware.

Read more

What does the term "tenant type" mean?

Tenant type refers to the tenants current situation, for example, if they are in full time work they would be classed as Professionals, if they pay the majority of the rent with benefits they would be classed as DSS. Other tenant types include Students, Asylum Seekers, Housing Association and Retired.

Read more
  • Extensive Cover
  • Buildings & Contents Covered
  • Loss of Rent Cover
  • Any Tenant Acceptable
  • Unoccupied Properties
  • 100% Flat Roof Coverage
  • Commercial Let Property
  • Non-standard Construction Properties
GEO Underwriting
Pen Underwriting
Home selling secrets

Amina was very helpful in sorting out my landlord’s insurance and spotted an error in my cover which helped reduce my premium.

First time landlords

We are first time landlords and you gave good advice and the process was easy and good value.

A pleasure to deal with

A pleasure to deal with, the lady on the phone was a credit to her company.