Unoccupied Property Landlord Insurance

As a landlord, protecting your property doesn't just include taking into account tenants and any costs you might occur during occupancy. There will likely be times where, regardless of the reasons, your property is empty but the need for cover during this time is essential

Can I Get Unoccupied Property Insurance?

Taking out unoccupied property insurance has been, historically, difficult and expensive; insurance companies generally perceive the risks to be greater and are uneasy about providing this kind of cover. However, here at CIA we will happily provide extensive and comprehensive unoccupied property insurance for landlords across the UK

If you're struggling to find insurance for an unoccupied property at a price you can afford, or even get cover at all, then we can help.

Why Do I Need Unoccupied Property Insurance?

Unoccupied property insurance is absolutely vital as it provides you with protection against unforeseen events. Here at CIA, we have insurers who specialise in insurance for unoccupied properties, offering different levels of cover to meet your personal needs.

Thankfully, we can cover properties of all values giving you the cover that you need and, thanks to our close ties with some of the country's biggest insurers, you will pay the lowest possible premiums.

To get your quote, or simply for more information about our unoccupied property insurance policies, simply call us here at CIA on 01788 818 670.

Frequently asked questions

What happens if my property becomes vacant mid-term?

Whether your insurance policy is affected or not depends on a number of factors. Contact our Customer Service department when you know your tenants are moving out and let us know what your intentions are for the property, we will then advise you how this affects your insurance.

Read more

Can cover be increased after the un-occupancy clause?

Unfortunately we are unable to increase cover if at the end of an un-occupancy clause if the property remains vacant, cover is reduced and then increased when the property is again re tenanted. However we do offer policies that will extend cover if the property remains unoccupied as a new policy.

Read more

Do you cover un-occupied properties?

We can provide cover for unoccupied properties from inception with different ranges of cover available.

Read more

Can I insure my property even though it is vacant?

Yes, we offer a variety of policies for vacant properties, whether you need 12 months unoccupied property cover, or a more flexible policy which can be altered for when tenants move in.

Read more
  • Extensive Cover
  • Buildings & Contents Covered
  • Loss of Rent Cover
  • Any Tenant Acceptable
  • Unoccupied Properties
  • 100% Flat Roof Coverage
  • Commercial Let Property
  • Non-standard Construction Properties
GEO Underwriting
Pen Underwriting
Home selling secrets

Amina was very helpful in sorting out my landlord’s insurance and spotted an error in my cover which helped reduce my premium.

First time landlords

We are first time landlords and you gave good advice and the process was easy and good value.

A pleasure to deal with

A pleasure to deal with, the lady on the phone was a credit to her company.