The best landlord insurance should include the option of buildings only, buildings and contents, fixtures and fittings with or without contents or contents only insurance. This will include loss or rent cover and property owners liability, together with cover for all standard perils. You should also be able to add legal costs to the policy for an extra premium.

Some landlord policies will only offer very basic cover and will charge more for loss of rent cover, property owners liability and some standard perils. Here at CIA, all our policies offer the higher levels cover available with no additional charges.

Landlord Insurance FAQs