What is Hairdressers / Beauty Salons Insurance?

Hairdressers / Beauty Salons insurance is a specialist cover for hairdressers or beauty salon owners who own or rent their beauty salon/hairdressers.


What does Hairdressers / Beauty Salons Insurance cover?

Our Hairdressers / Beauty Salons insurance policy includes public, products, employers liability business interruption, stock contents, and if necessary, building insurance.

Our tailor-made policy will give you the option of including a treatment risk extension which is imperative to cover you and your clients.

Optional extras can also include goods in transit, legal expenses, and many more.


What isn’t covered?

Wear and tear are not covered under any insurance policy including Hairdressers / Beauty Salon insurance. 

Compare Hairdressers / Beauty Salon Insurance

Insuring a beauty salon or hairdresser is different from a typical retail store. Different claims require specialist insurance. 

Here at CIA, we find the right cover for your business at a competitive rate. We compare insurance from 9 providers to find the best deal for you and ensure you only pay for what you need. 

Do I need insurance for my hairdresser/beauty salon?

A standard retail package will not protect your business. You will need specialist Hairdressers / Beauty Salon Insurance that protects both you and your clients. If you are a mobile hairdresser, you will just require your public liability and we can offer a range of covers including £1m, £2m, or £5m. However, we can also offer the treatment risk extension as well.

How to get cheaper Hairdressers / Beauty Salon insurance?

The cost of Hairdressers / Beauty Salon insurance will depend on multiple factors. The location of your business, the size, the number of employees, and the range of services you offer.

CIA covers both mobile and permanent hairdressers and beauty salons. Typically mobile insurance will come at a lower premium due to the smaller scale of the business.

Ensure you have strong safety protocols in place to reduce the risk of accidents, keeping your insurance premium down. Adequate insurance coverage is essential for your business, so ensure it fits your individual needs.

Do I need Hairdressers / Beauty Salon insurance if I have standard retail cover?

Standard retail insurance won’t cover treatment risk which is essential for a hairdressers/beauty salon. You need to ensure you have specialist Hairdressers / Beauty Salon insurance in place to protect your business and clients.

As treatment risk is not covered, your current insurer could refuse to pay out, so reach out to your current provider or contact CIA for specialist advice.

We compare quotes from 9 leading insurers to find you the best deal. Get a quote today.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the most common risks covered by salon insurance?

The most common risks typically include customer or employee injuries, property damage, product liability, and business interruption.
Read more

What’s the role of CIA in Hairdressers / Beauty Salon Insurance?

CIA can compare quotes from multiple insurers, negotiate coverage, and tailor a policy to your specific needs.
Read more

Should I choose a high or low deductible?

A higher deductible lowers your premium, but you'll need to cover more out-of-pocket if you make a claim. Choose what best suits your financial situation.
Read more

How often should I review my salon insurance policy?

Review it annually or whenever your business changes (services offered, location, staff size) to ensure it remains adequate.
Read more

I own multiple beauty salons, can you cover me?

Yes, CIA can create a tailored quote to cover multiple beauty salons. Give us a call or request a call back to discuss your needs.
Read more

Can I cover non-hairdressers / Beauty Salon properties on the same policy?

We can cover multiple properties on the same policy. Get in touch for further details.
Read more

What are hairdressers / beauty salons’ legal responsibilities?

Hairdressers and beauty salons have one legal requirement regarding insurance. You must have employer's liability insurance. This covers medical expenses and lost wages for employee injuries that occur on the job. In most countries, having this insurance is mandatory to operate legally.
Read more