• Unoccupied Property Landlord Insurance

    As a landlord, protecting your property doesn’t just include taking into account tenants and any costs you might occur during occupancy. There will likely be times where, regardless of the reasons, your property is empty but the need for cover during this time is essential.

    Can I Get Unoccupied Property Insurance?

    Taking out unoccupied property insurance has been, historically, difficult and expensive; insurance companies generally perceive the risks to be greater and are uneasy about providing this kind of cover. However, here at CIA we will happily provide extensive and comprehensive unoccupied property insurance for landlords across the UK.

    If you’re struggling to find insurance for an unoccupied property at a price you can afford, or even get cover at all, then we can help.

  • Why Do I Need Unoccupied Property Insurance?

    Unoccupied property insurance is absolutely vital as it provides you with protection against unforeseen events.  Here at CIA, we have insurers who specialise in insurance for unoccupied properties, offering different levels of cover to meet your personal needs.

    Thankfully, we can cover properties of all values giving you the cover that you need and, thanks to our close ties with some of the country’s biggest insurers, you will pay the lowest possible premiums.

    To get your quote, or simply for more information about our unoccupied property insurance policies, simply call us here at CIA on 01788 818670 or, alternatively callback direct.

What Our Customers' Say

    Thank you for being so efficient- it’s very refreshing and highly appreciated

    N Hudson

    Thank you very much indeed for your prompt responses, I am very impressed with the level of customer support

    D McGreevy

    Many thanks for your response, great customer service, much appreciated

    G Nightingale

See All Reviews

Unoccupied Property FAQs

  • Can I insure my property even though it is vacant?

    Yes, we offer a variety of policies for vacant properties, whether you need 12 months unoccupied cover, or a more flexible policy which can be altered for when tenants move in.

  • What happens if my property becomes vacant mid-term?

    Whether your insurance policy is affected or not depends on a number of factors. Contact our Customer Service department when you know your tenants are moving out and let us know what your intentions are for the property, we will then advise you how this affects your insurance.

Read More FAQs Get a Quote
  • Extensive Cover
  • Buildings & Contents Covered
  • Loss of Rent Cover
  • Any Tenant Acceptable
  • Unoccupied Properties
  • 100% Flat Roof Coverage
  • Commercial Let Property
  • Non-standard Construction Properties