Should the freeholder pay the buildings insurance on the block of flats?

Yes, the freeholder of the flat should insure the building however, we recommend that you check the terms with your freeholder.
Read more

Can you cover more than one flat under one policy?

Yes, if you rent out more than one flat you can take out a multi-property policy which will give you a discounted rate.
Read more

Will my insurance be valid if I let to tenants with pets?

Your insurance policy will be valid if your tenant has a pet but any damage caused by pets is excluded from all policies.
Read more

What are a landlord’s responsibilities for flats?

Landlord’s responsibilities for flats are the same as other property types such as homes and bungalows. Briefly, you should:
  • Keep the property safe from hazards
  • Safely install and maintain gas and electrics
  • Provide an Energy Performance Certificate
  • Protect the tenant’s deposit in a government-approved scheme
Read more
Home selling secrets

Amina was very helpful in sorting out my landlord’s insurance and spotted an error in my cover which helped reduce my premium.

First time landlords

We are first time landlords and you gave good advice and the process was easy and good value.

A pleasure to deal with

A pleasure to deal with, the lady on the phone was a credit to her company.